Sportslates is our exciting newest addition to our classes - Pilates with a sports twist!
Sportslates is designed to appeal to sports people who want to maximise their performance, whatever their sport. All of our Sportslates classes are led by our Pilates trained sports therapists who have vast experience in treating sports injuries and exercise rehabilitation, to ensure you receive professional, high quality teaching.
Sports people who would benefit from our classes include:
Sportslates works by combining general Pilates exercises with sports specific movement. For example, if you’re a runner, our Sportslates instructors would incorporate postural control and deep core muscle activation with reciprocal leg movements and arm swings. The exercises are all matwork based, focusing on combining deep stability muscle training with larger mobility muscle training.
Benefits of our Sportslates classes include:
- Inner and outer core muscle strengthening - for example of the transversus abdominis in addition to the abdominal and oblique muscles for a powerful central base
- Neck, arms and shoulder strengthening for a strong upper body region
- Hip and leg muscle strengthening for greater power of movement
- Global muscle flexibility work to reduce muscle tension and/or increase range of movement
- Improved postural alignment
- Balance and coordination exercises to improve accuracy and proprioception
- Focus on technique to put your opponents to shame
- Increased mental focus and body awareness in your sport
- Reduced risk of injury to continue performing at your best
- Meet other like-minded sports people in your class!
See what services we offer for Sport Pilates.
For more information regarding Pilates and specific sports please see the following pages:
Back To Top