Prolates is our advanced Pilates class, developed for those Pilates attendees who have already mastered the beginners to intermediate level exercises and are looking to continue to challenge themselves. This class is suitable for those who have been attending our Growlates classes and are ready to move onto the next level, taking those level 1 and 2 exercises to level 3, 4 and beyond. Alternatively, if you have been practicing Pilates elsewhere and feel you are ready for the Prolates challenge, this class would be suitable for you. In Prolates we increase the use of small pieces of Pilates equipment such as weights, magic circles and foam rollers to challenges your balance, flexibility and strength. Exercises are more dynamic and can be tailored specifically to your needs.
When you come to our Prolates class, expect to work hard, but feel great after. Improvement through Pilates takes time, however, with ongoing practice you will begin to see improvements in your sport, balance, flexibility as well as general fitness and strength.” If you haven’t done Pilates before, but feel you are at a high level of physical fitness, we recommend beginning with our Growlates class to check you have mastered the basics. Our highly experienced instructors will be on hand to check your technique.
The benefits of Prolates classes are:
- Improved mental focus and concentration
- Increased energy throughout the day
- Increased strength and endurance of stabilising muscles to aid with sport, posture, and overall fitness/wellbeing
- Improved muscle flexibility and joint range of motion
- Reduced risk of injury to help you stay fit and active for longer
- Improved balance and coordination
- Improved technical efficiency of your body
- Relived stress and tension