Bumplates is a Pilates workout especially tailored for mums and mums to be. Pre and post-natal Pilates sessions are perfect for preparing your body for birth and ensuring you recover from birth as quickly as possible.
Bumplates is taught by our specialist and highly experienced Pilates instructors. It is designed for those women who want to keep fit during pregnancy and prevent those unwanted pains that may come along with it. It can also aid women who have just had a baby, to get back into an exercise regime in a safe and effective manner.
Bumplates works by modifying general Pilates exercises to suit those who are pregnant or have given birth recently. When pregnant and following pregnancy it is very common to have areas of tightness and weakness, especially around the spine and pelvis. With Bumplates, you are taught exercises specific to target these exact areas, to benefit your body. The exercises are all low impact and matwork based, focusing on combining deep stability muscle training with larger mobility muscle training, plus lots of flexibility work.
The benefits of our Bumplates sessions include:
- Safe environment to discuss issues that may have arisen during/following pregnancy
- Expert teaching of pelvic floor and inner core strengthening
- Increased pelvic floor control and strength
- Potential to eliminate pre/post-natal low back pain
- Improved postural control and balance
- Overall increased pelvic stability to aid with sacroiliac dysfunction
- Aids relaxation
- Reduced incontinence
- Advice regarding other forms of general exercise pre and post pregnancy
- One to one personalised assessment with our physiotherapists
- Private sessions available for small groups of friends
- An Individual exercise programme is provided for you to take home
To book onto a one to one Private Bumplates session call us today on 0330 088 5778 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information